Monday, June 18, 2012

5K Wrap Up

I can't believe that I haven't taken a moment to write about the 5k... I like to blog in quite, and normally would take a minute when both girls were in school. Those moments are gone, for now!

It was a really awesome day! I was surprised to see how nervous I really was by the time it was to get started. Kim came to walk with me, her support was awesome! The only thing I wanted was to NOT be last. That was it.

I thought there would be more walkers, but there were only a handful. It was pretty easy to tell that I was the shortest one out from surgery, and honestly I was still the largest. I just let that go once I got started and focused on what I have been training to do. Complete it.

Chris had all the girls (Lily H, Charlotte, and Lily G) at the pavilion making signs for us! It was so cute! They were our own cheering squad! They cheered everyone on as the walked/ran by. On our last lap the girls came with us. Chris followed behind. The Lily's made it, Charlotte pooped out after the incline. She and Chris made a cut through the middle!

Towards the the very last turn, I made my move to not be last and I passed the only person in front of me. Lily and I crossed the line together! Kim sat with the girls while I walked it off with to catch my breath. I did get choked up when I hugged Chris. I was so proud of myself. I have come so far in this journey. I know I still have a ways to go, no doubt, but I am gonna get there.

We all got certificates and goodie bags. My time was 59:53. I am proud of that considering at the start of this I could barely do one lap. 1 year ago, there would have been no way I could have done it at all.

They are continuing the running/walking club through the summer. They are also running another couch to 5K in the fall. I will be running this. No doubt. I also plan to run the color run in Oct!

2 comments:

  1. Good for you! I am so proud of you and got choked up thinking about this. Keep it up!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I keep forgetting that there is another step here to post a comment. This isn't the first time I lost a comment because I navigated away after submitting. Anyway, That sounds like a great time especially as a walker! Color Run here we come!!!!

    ReplyDelete