Monday, October 15, 2012

Saying Goodbye and Hello

I know it has been a while! I even missed my 6th month post. Everything is better then great. I will update on those things (like numbers) another day.

For a awhile I have been struggling with who I am. I am not the girl in my pre-op picture anymore, but I don't know who this girl is now.  I do not ever remember being this small. Like, ever.  I see myself, and don't believe this is me. I train and don't believe I am able to do the things I am doing now.  I beat the girls running up the steps to dance class.  I mean come on!

Today, new Megan decieded she was done waiting for me to get it together and came shining through. She has made me look at old Megan and realize I am really not that girl anymore. In the matter of 45 minutes I said goodbye and hello to myself. 

Weight loss surgery, and weight loss in general is like taking a ride on the crazy train.  Day to day, minute to minute things change. Last week I posted on Facebook that I had ran my longest interval to date. I ran 0.5 miles without stopping. I was ecstatic! Smiled all day. The next day I ran 0.6 before seeing the trainer. Bigger smiles.  Saturday I went to 5K training and again I was able to bust out 0.5 intervals. Huge smiles to put practice to paper.

Today, well today it was very different.  I ran 2 miles. 2 FREAKING miles!  Straight! No breaks. I have never ran a mile in my LIFE. So to hit that and keep going is just huge for me.  I started running at 0.3 on the treadmill and didn't stop till I hit 2.3. I cried when I hit it. When I went to stretch out I was still choking it back. I cannot believe how far I have come. I got really choked up when I got home and was posting on Facebook. Charlotte suggested I get a new charm for my bracelet. LOL She is such a smart girl!

 This is so important for more then the obvious. I weighed in this morning, and that damn scale didn't move. After all I have been doing, nothing. I made a choice that the number was not going to define me. I pushed myself to prove to the scale (and me) that I define me. That run this morning defines me now. Not that damn number.

I feel like I have finally let go of the fat girl that has been with me all of my life. I am Megan, a mother, wife and an athlete. I am going to continue to push myself. No one can take this away from me. I am running the Color Run 5K this weekend, and I fully plan to run the Princess Half Marathon in Disney 2014.

1 comment: