Wednesday, May 23, 2012

Weeks 11 & 12 and A Little Pondering

So I am a little behind in posting. I have been a little busy with Chris' Graduation and party! So all good things, but I want to take a minute to get caught up.

Last week was a milestone week for me. I hit an important number, actually passed it! I celebrated with a trip to the jewelry store and purchased the Inner Strength charm for my Pandora bracelet. This milestone was super important because I haven't seen these numbers since right before I got married almost 12 years ago. I am on track to weight less then I did on my wedding day. A lot less, before our anniversary in June. That is very exciting.

I was proud of myself for making good choices at Chris' party. I have more to say about something that happened there, but this blog isn't private so I am just going to evil grin to myself. I am only including any of this so that when I read it later on I remember. Moving on....

This week started out slow. Just wasn't feeling good on Monday. But,  I lost another 3 lbs. bringing my surgery loss to 58, total to 92! The biggest news of this week comes from my couch to 5K training. I made it a full 5K on the treadmill! I am still walking, but I am just about to jog.  I am just still right under that line. I love it! The race itself is about 2 more weeks away! I think that is pretty good for only 5 weeks of training!

So here is my ponder.... there is something I REALLY want to do. REALLY REALLY want to do this. But I am just not sure I can get myself there physically by next Feb. I want to run in the 2013 Princess 1/2 Marathon in Disney. I think that having done so well with this 5K has lit a fire under me, and I want to keep going. I am going to talk to Liz (AKA the exercise lady from my surgeons office tonight) and see what she thinks. I have been looking into it today and I need to walk or run a 15 minute mile. If I start training now for it, I bet I could do it.

Kathy, Paul, Kim and I are all doing The Color Run in DC in Oct, so that would give me more race experience. By February I should be pretty close to goal weight. I could go run the race then come back and have my hernia repaired! LOL

I will update on this once I talk to Liz tonight (if the rain holds out!).

No comments:

Post a Comment