Wednesday, April 18, 2012

Week 7

I am proud to announce that the stall is over! Yesterday when I popped up on the scale it had dropped 5lbs!!! That makes the totals 40lbs since surgery and 74 from highest! Wahoo! One of the pages I follow on facebook is a page for WLS'ers. Someone the other day listed out a comparison chart for what your weight loss really equals out to. I was between an Irish Setter and a solid gold bar! I thought that was funny.

I have been going to the gym as often as I can. Charlotte joined me on Monday and loved the kids section. I met with the trainer. I didn't know that it was going to turn into a sales pitch (don't you hate that!), and I don't like to be caught off guard.  On a positive note he did show me some new exercises to try that I can mix it.  I also made it to the 5K training on Saturday. Liz kicked out butts! We are still in the beginning of training so we only walked/jogged 0.8 miles, or one loop. Then she put us through a boot camp of sorts. I kept up pretty well. I am the largest person doing this, and I think the closest out from surgery.  I do have to figure out different exercise clothes. My pants were literally sliding down today! It only makes matters worse that because of my hernia I must wear shapewear under my exercise clothing. It helps keep it stable. I thought for sure that my pants were going to hit the floor today! I did make my 5K training goals, it was pretty ugly but I made it!

I am very close to my first set goal for myself! I hope to get there in the next 2 weeks or so.  My reward system I have set up is completely non-food based. I was given for my birthday a Pandora bracelet. I am going to pick out a new charm representing each milestone. I wear the bracelet everyday so I will be able to look at it always as a reminder.

Looking ahead, next week I am so excited. At 8 weeks I get to have tomatoes again! I don't really like them raw but LOVE them roasted or really cooked in any way! So I gt to try them out to see how they will sit me.

1 comment: