Monday, April 2, 2012

One Month/5 Weeks

I am a little late with my one month update. I did go to see my surgeon last week and he was very please with how I am doing. I have one small spot that is just taking longer to heal, but other then that all is well. I did notice a suture that is trying to work it's way out. I called this morning, and I will see him on Wednesday before my post-op transition class. Also, my belly button is acting up. It has nothing to do with my bypass, but it is still a real concern because I do not want any infection in there before I get to goal and get it fixed. I did just talk with him about this last week, but last night there was a small amount of blood coming from it. I think there is an ulcer in there. I just want him to check it out to make sure everything is ok.

Now for the numbers... I got on the scale today, a day early but it was a good number so I am keeping it! I am now down 35 lbs from surgery, and 69 from highest! That makes me really happy! I seem to be dropping from my top down. My waist and hips are smaller, but I feel much thinner in my upper body. This week I am going to get my butt in gear and start moving. I wanted to get into the pool, but I have to wait again until Dr. von Rueden sees my belly button. So I am walking until then.

I have restarted my Celexa. I had some trouble taking it alone- it tasted horrible. So I am now mixing it and it is much better. I did ask at my last appointment if I could please just take the pill again. I even brought an old pill to show him the size! He said I could take it, BUT I wouldn't absorb it as well as I am the liquid. So, for now liquid it is. 

I don't think I have ever listed out what I take everyday now: Here it all is!

Morning:
Nutrametix Multi-vit
Nutrametrix Calcuim 750mg
Actagall
Celexa
prevacid

Afternoon:
B12 (twice a week)
Iron 30 mg

Evening:
Actagal
Nutrametrix Multi-vit
Nutrametrix Calcuim 750mg

That is a lot to look at. It doesn't seem like that much day to day though.  Good news is that my PCP has taken me off all of Asthma meds. She is cautiously optimistic that all I may need is a rescue inhaler. She did give me a script for my meds but in a chewable. To have just in case my allergies bring on the Asthma symptoms. So that makes me really happy that I might be off all of those meds.

Let's see what's coming up... I signed up for a Couch to 5K program. I don't expect to 'run' it, but I am fully expecting to walk the whole thing. The training starts this week. I will miss the first class because of my post-op class. But other then that I intend to be at all the rest. Also, I will be upping the walking here at home as well.

No comments:

Post a Comment