Friday, April 27, 2012

Non Scale Victories

Non Scale Victories (NSV's) are a huge deal. I have had a few of these, but Wednesday I had my biggest to date. As some may know my hubby will be graduating from college in two weeks! I really dreaded going to find something to wear for this. For two reasons. 1) it is hard to find things that fit me in the stores. I normally order from a great website. I was going to do this again, but I couldn't find something I liked enough to order. 2) Money. Someone my size to buy something other then a t-shirt costs a good amount of money. With loosing the weight the way I am I didn't want to spend $100 for something I might wear once.

When my Mom was up here for Grandparents day at Lily's school. We went shopping. I had no clue where to even start with sizes. I picked out a few things were I thought I might be and a few a size smaller. The very first dress I put on was the winner! It was smaller then I thought I was! The jeans that I came into the store wearing (that are way too big now) are 5 sizes bigger then this dress! Now, I am no where near 'normal' sizes, but, I am now finally out of the way high end sizes! It also (thanks to a sale) didn't cost more then my budget for it. Plus, it is dressy, but not over the top so I can wear it for Charlotte's promotion ceremony!

I ended up buying a pair of new jeans, and a new night gown. My might gowns are like tents on me! It is really funny! I mean I like them big, but it was getting a little crazy! I never buy myself things, and I have been blessed by family members passing on clothes my way. I really only needed those three things. Oh I also got a new sucker upper (what I call shape wear) I need this to support my hernia while I exercise. The one I wear now is getting a little worn.  I am wearing everything in my dresser now. Today I put on a pair of Chris' gym shorts just to see- ended up wearing them to the gym this morning! :-)

Small update: Tuesday afternoon, I had gas pain that became so severe I had to call Chris home from work. I couldn't get it to move despite everything I was doing. My parents thankfully were already here for Grandparents Day the next day. So they kept the kids busy while I was in a world of pain. When Chris got home we called into the office and my surgeon said to head to the ER (it hurt that bad) because I really thought I had blown my hernia.  Chris gets off the phone helps me to try to sit up, while I was sitting up I realized I could sit up (couldn't before). I made my way to the bathroom, and still was a little painful but nothing too bad. As we stood on the front porch I told him I felt better. We still walked to the car, I got in and laid my seat all the way back. Rolled from side to side- thank God no one was around! Still no pain. I called back to the office and left a message for my surgeon letting him know the gas bubble must have gotten stuck under my hernia, but that it had finally passed!   Felt just fine the rest of the night and next day went back to normal! It was crazy!

5K training went really well on Wednesday. I didn't fall! I am hanging in there.

No comments:

Post a Comment