Monday, March 12, 2012

Let The Puree Begin!

Today is a super big day! After 12 days of fluids both clean and full I am moving on! Thank you, God! I did pretty well tolerating everything until the last few days. Now, I just think I am tired of it in general. Don't be jealous now,  Cream of Chicken soup double strained with a severing of unflavored protein powder is not as good as it sounds! I promise.  This afternoon I am moving onto better things! Refried beans and cheese! WA HOO!

I do have a call into my nutritionist just to make sure I am moving on correctly. I have been getting in 65-70Oz of fluid a day. I need to keep that up and now count all my protein to make sure I am getting 60-80gms a day. The protein water (Isopure) I loved pre-op now make me want to hurl at the thought of it. I tried it again last night and even added a pack of splenda, it is still horrible. I am going to try to get over to the Vitamin Shoppe to find another flavor I can tolerate better.

As for my overall healing. I think I am right on track. I have decided to go back to work this week. Being a SAHM it gives me a ton more freedom to sit when needed. I want to get us all back into our routine. There are only two tasks that Chris will keep for the time being, the washing and drying of the laundry. Ours is in the basement and the stairs are old and scary. The deal is he will 'run' them and I will put it all away. The other task is the bathroom. I just don't want to be around any extra germs. My incisions are mostly healed but why chance it. I will say there is more time in my day that I feel 'normal', meaning I have to remember that I did have the surgery. For that I am grateful.  I don't feel like I am going to drop dead at any moment, which helps with the negative thoughts of putting my family through this. It will be worth it, I am finally starting to really feel this way.

I do have a new number for total lost but I am not posting till tomorrow. It is hard to stay off the damn scale! I am not going to count it anymore until Tuesday. So there is a number, a wonderful number, but it isn't real until tomorrow. Here's hoping for an even better one! I am starting to see it in other way I had to take off my wedding rings :-( When we were in process with Poose I bought myself a plain band to wear on our visit and homecoming. I was able to put that on and it fits perfectly. That makes me smile.

Mood check in. So far so good. The good thing about going through Major Depression/anxiety is that you learn to recognize it. I feel exactly how I felt after Puddle was born. I am waiting for the other shoe to drop. I have had a few mild complications, nothing I would say major. I am just in that mind set that something is going to take this all away. My medication really helps with that. I take my last dose of Heparin on Thursday night. I am going to call the pharmacist to see how long  should wait to get it out of my system before I restart my meds. Hopefully, I can start it back up by the weekend.

Tomorrow marks Two Weeks!

 

No comments:

Post a Comment