Friday, March 16, 2012

2 Weeks 3 Days

I am little late for my update.

Here is the breakdown...as of Tuesday.

I am down 20 lbs since surgery! And...wait for it.... 50 from highest!

I know I had mentioned weighing too often. When I weighed in on Tuesday my numbers where the same as from the weekend.  Normally this is the time where people stop losing pounds everyday. My body is freaking out a little and holding onto everything. Once it figures it out that I am not dieing then it will start up again.  I am ok with that.

Since Tuesday I have felt really pretty good. I have losty the fuzzy feeling in my head. I think swtiching somethings around is helping as well. I was drinking a protein shake for breakfast. It was making me not feel too  great. I moved that to lunchtime and starting eating an egg for breakfast. That is sitting much better. The puree is going great! I am hitting 60grams of protein a day and 64-70oz of fluids. I think I am better hydrated now then before surgery! I have to take triple dose of vitamins, and I glad to see that I am absorbing them. My nails are nice and hard and growing. That is huge.  My energy is also improving this is going a long way to make me feel better!

More exciting news, Chris gave me my last Heparin shot last night! Wahoo! I am sooo bruised up. All over my arms, hands, belly it is a mess. Hopefully now that will all start going away. I called into my team yesterday and spoke with the nurse because one of my sights is a (very) little reddish/pink. This was the site that looked the best out of them all. I am going to put some bactroban on it over the weekend to see if that helps. The rashes are really improved on the other sites.

I think I am finally settling in. I am not so freaked by every little thing that I feel. I can start my anxiety meds on Sunday. I know that will help out a great deal.  It has been a few days now since I felt any regret. Each span is getting longer. My team hosts a support group once a month at the hospital, it is next Wednesday. I am looking forward to that. It is a first one since surgery.

2 comments:

  1. Sounds like you are doing so well, inspiring me to get back on my diet and my exercise bike!

    ReplyDelete