Tuesday, March 6, 2012

One week!

So I must admit, I think that I have finally turned a corner. I am one week out today! I checked my weight this morning. It was .5 down from the doctors yesterday. I was most happy to see that our scale is right on track with theirs. I have gotten in 100% of my fluids for the past two days. The little rash around my incisions is still itchy, but it hasn't gotten any worse. I added in another supplement this morning and I will add a gallbladder med this evening.

One thing I haven't written about yet is that fact, that I have not been hungry. At all. The last time I felt a hunger pain was last Tuesday morning.  It seems like I am really going to have to treat food like a medication from here on out. I have a slight OCD way about me am routine driven person so this should be OK. Plus, I am writing everything. Although, that did bite me in the butt last night. Chris and I had words over the exact amount of beef broth I mixed my protein powder with. I even used the words 'look, I am am right, I even wrote it down!' only to turn to that page of my book to see that he was right. DOH!  Moving right along.... :-)

As for my mood, still no tears, or any anxiety to really talk about. I write about my mood because pre-surgery I was on a med for depression/anxiety. I haven't taken them since last Monday night. Normally by day 4 off of it, I still to twitch a little. I am amazed how well I have done (so far) without it. My med does comes in a liquid so I am working with my PCP to get it in that form.  After all the negative reactions to meds I have had I am a little more then leery though. So we will see.

The girls are adjusting well. I let Lily stay home today. She has had a stuffy head this morning she had a slight fever. I thought it might be good to let her stay home just to try to catch up a little. They have both been super gentle with me. I have been very open with them. They saw my incisions and drain. Charlotte was fascinated with the drain. I think that they are getting a little more comfortable with me overall.

Chris, well he is a saint. Pure and simple. I have had to ask him to not make me a walking project to manage. He gets super worried and after what happened on Saturday he has been a little over protective.

Am I still dealing with 'Buyer's Remorse'? A little. I think each day out and I start to feel better the more I knew I made the right choice.

2 comments:

  1. So glad to hear! Keep looking at the good stuff. One day you will look back and be thankful. I truly believe that!

    ReplyDelete
  2. A saint? Me???? Are you sure you are ok? :) I am so proud of you little mama. Hang in there or else I'll smack you with my papel Mire (that's his BIG pointy hat)

    ReplyDelete