Friday, March 9, 2012

Picking Up A Little Speed


As for healing. It is slow, but steady. It is hard to remember that I did in fact have major surgery. With only 5 little incisions and drain site it is easy to forget. I went yesterday and had my one week blood work done along with another set of liver functions. I am taking it as good news if I don't hear anything after Wednesday. I still have the itchy rashes around 3 out of the sites and the drain. This isn't worse. It is hard to say it is better, but it isn't as itchy. So maybe that is something.

Mood- good news bad news. Good news is that they make my med in liquid, and I even picked it up from the pharmacy today. Bad news, I am going to hold off taking it. I am still taking the Heparin shots for the next 6 days. Taking the two may cause a problem with extra bleeding. Soo yeah, I am holding off until for about another week. But at least I have it.

I have been on a few outings. I always come home feeling extremely worn out. Kinda feels like I have been really super sick, and these are my first times leaving the house. Around the house I do just fine. I do think it is sad that the first thing I have grown too small for is my wedding rings :-( I am still wearing them, but I have to be super careful. It won't be much longer before I have to figure something else out on how to wear them.

I am almost done with my full fluids stage. This Wednesday I can start puree. Wahoo! I have been doing very well with getting in the majority of my fluids. I am averaging 70 oz a day. When you can only take in 4oz every half hour, I have a cup in my hand 24/7. But it beats another IV any day!

3 comments:

  1. Thank you for sharing your life and your journey with us! I pray that you continue to be encouraged as you travel down this path. Know that we are hear to encourage you, cheerlead, and just be a friend!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Glad you are on the road to recovery! So excited for you!

    ReplyDelete
  3. For now, get a chain for yuor wedding ring and wear them that way until you are finally at a place to have them permanently sized. Or some jewelers sell an insert that can be adjusted to make them fit.
    Glad things are going well!

    ReplyDelete